POLICIES, COMMERCIAL CONDITIONS AND PAYMENT SPECIFICATIONS FOR RESERVATIONS
FANTÁSTICO SUR: 2020 – 2021 SEASON
1. Any reservation request, change, or cancellation must be submitted in writing, via email to your sales executive. All
relevant information for managing the request must also be sent.
2. The request will be answered via email together with a confirmation number. This number will be requested at check-in
at the campgrounds and mountain hostels.
3. The confirmation of availability (by e-mail or phone) is not considered a reservation confirmation.
4. Once the reservation confirmation has been received from the client, it, as well as the commercial policies indicated in
this document, will be considered accepted, unless the client requests corrections or modifications to the confirmation.
5. Reservation confirmations will be sent within 48 business hours if they include programs or services provided entirely
by Fantástico Sur. For programs including third-party accommodations, the term may exceed these 48 hours, in this case
depending exclusively on the response of the accommodation provider.
6. Reservations of up to 9 guests will be considered as individual bookings and for 10 or more as group bookings.
7. Park entrance tickets as well as boat trip tickets are included in the program and should be collected at the Puerto
Natales oce. There is no refund for unused tickets or other services.
8. All services associated with a reservation are subject to availability (equipment, meals, etc.) and will be specified in the
9. All reservation changes made after the cancellation and payment deadlines that result in a lower value than the original
price are not refundable. If the reservation change leads to a higher value than the original price, the difference must be
paid by the client.
10. It is not allowed to reserve more beds than the number of guests (private rooms).
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to bring your own sleeping bag and save USD $5, you must state so upon booking. This discount will be applied for each night you book at Fantástico Sur’s mountain refuges and/or fully-equipped campsites. NO REFUNDS OR DISCOUNTS will be made in the mountain refuges and campsites subject to this discount.
Payment and cancellation policy
1. Full payment of the reservation must be made within 5 business days after receiving the confirmation. If the
payment is not made by this deadline, the reservation will be canceled automatically.
RESERVATIONS NOT PAID BY THIS DEADLINE WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED BY THE SYSTEM.
2. Fee-free cancellations periods are the following
Individuals: 1-9 people, 31 days before check-in.
Groups: 10 or more people, 61 days before check-in.
3. Payments must be made in the agreed currency, sending a copy of the payment to your reservation executives including
the reservation name, code, and check-in date.
4. NO SHOW: Guests must check-in to the mountain hostels and campsites before 9 pm on the date indicated in the
reservation. If a guest does not show up at the indicated date and time of check-in at the reserved accommodation,
Fantástico Sur can cancel the reservation, charge the guest 100% of the cost of the reservation, and rebook it. If the
reservation was tax-exempt, a national invoice plus taxes (VAT) will be issued. Check-in for mountain hostels and
campsites is from 3 pm and check-out is until 9 am.
5. All bank transfer costs for payments must be covered by the customer, together with any fees from banks or other
platforms associated with reimbursement payments due to cancellations.
6-Refunds will only be awarded to cases that comply with our commercial terms and conditions as stated in this
1- Campsites: Children under 10 do not pay for the campsite but do pay for meals and equipment, such as sleeping bags,
liners, and sleeping mats. This applies to only one child per adult.
2-Mountain Hostels: Children under 3 sharing a bed with one of their parents do not pay for the bed but do pay for meals
and equipment, such as sleeping bags, liners, and sleeping mats. This applies to only one child per adult.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- The consumption of drinks that were not bought in the mountain hostels is not permitted. Fantástico Sur charges a corkage fee of US $7 per bottle of wine brought from the outside.
1. Fantástico Sur will send a list with suggestions of essential clothing and equipment required for mountain activities.
However, it is the guest’s responsibility to find out more about the destination in order to decide what equipment to
2. Fantástico Sur is not responsible for refunds within the periods explained before or for no show due to bad weather, road
closures, natural phenomena, theft, problems with connecting flights, social or political demonstrations or issues arising
from them, personal problems, whether health-related or otherwise, or any other event outside the control of the
company that may prevent arrival or access to Torres del Paine and Fantástico Sur’s mountain hostels and campsites. To
prevent any losses, we recommend purchasing travel insurance. Fantástico Sur will provide all the necessary documents
to allow the guest to collect the insurance in their country of origin.
3. Fantástico Sur is not responsible for the loss of the guest's documents or personal belongings during the trip or stay
in our mountain hostels, campsites, or facilities/lodging/transportation of third-party providers.
4. Guests are required to sign the WAIVER for Trekking Programs: All required information must be completed by
participants and signed before taking part in the activity, as stated in Decree No. 222 of 2010, of the Chilean Ministry
of Economy Development and Tourism. If the waiver is not signed the guest will not be allowed to participate in the
Publicity of any kind, including advertisement (without previous authorization), is not permitted in Reserva Cerro
Paine, its facilities, or natural areas.
- THE USE OF DRONES IS NOT ALLOWED WITHIN THE RESERVA CERRO PAINE, WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION
Opening dates season 2020-2021:
Camping Central: 01 October to 30 April
Refugio Central: 15 November to 15 April
Refugio Torre Norte: 15 November to 31 March
Sector de El Chileno: 01 November to 15 April
Camping Frances: 01 October to 30 April
Refugio Frances: 01 November to 30 April
Sector Los Cuernos: 01 December to 31 March
Sector Seron: 01 November to 15 April